BGAMUG Application Review

I report on always free, always no-brand, always open source widgets for the Bowling Green Area Microcomputer User Group

Friday, January 05, 2007

COLD!

It's cold and very windy today. The doors on the outside of the food court were all roped shut, as I guess they flap in such a breeze. They had the rotating doors open though, to the delight of the fire department.

We had a nice lunch with a great salad and chicken with some kind of pineapple chutney on top, with rice. Yummy. All thanks to the folks at PandaSoft

This talk reinforced what was said this morning about the crafty nature of malware, and it scared me again. I resolved to purchase a beefier firewall than what I'm using now.

One of the reasons I worry is because I really test a lot of software. That CD we distribute each January has hundreds of programs on it, and I really don't want to give away any bad stuff to our members! For each application or game that ends up on that disk, there are two or three that don't and they all are, at one time or another, installed on my computer. I probably should think about setting up a separate computer for all of that testing. I don't remember what software caused it, but I did get one of those really difficult trojans on my machine a few months back. It took about two weeks to assure myself it was really gone, but I learned a lot in the process.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home